Parent Teacher Organization
Chairperson: Joanna Greenslade firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Kate Eagles email@example.com
Secretary: Parent Volunteer Coordinator:
Events/Fundraising Coordinator: Meetings are held the third Monday of the month at 5:30 pm following the ELAC meetings in the Library. See bottom of this page for a complete calendar print out.
Every child. One voice.
One hundred years ago Alice McLellan Birney said, "Let us have no more croaking as to what cannot be done; let us see what can be done, and above all see that it is done." That brisk philosophy still drives the PTA today. While the methods may change to make us more responsive to the demands of an electronic era, the underlying principle does not.
The Altimira Parent Network's mission is to promote enrichment for the students of Altimira Middle School, enhance the school site, and support the staff in providing quality education and extra curricular activities for our students. We strive to foster a positive relationship between school, family, and community.
Purpose of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is committed to increasing parental involvement in support of Altimira Middle faculty, staff, and students. Research indicates parent support helps to provide the best learning environment possible for students to be academically successful. And we think that's important.
Get Involved with the PTA
There are 4 ways to get involved with PTA in California:
1. Join a local PTA Unit.
If you know the PTA district you are in, send an email to the district president at districtpresident- @capta.org (Insert your district number in the blank). You can find your district here.
If you don’t know your PTA unit, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing your contact information and location so that we can assist you, or call the California State PTA office at 213/ 620-1100 ext. 328.
If your neighborhood school has a PTA, you can join that PTA and automatically become a voting member of the California State PTA and the National PTA. Each PTA sets its own dues, typically between $4.00 and $10.00 per member. The amount of the dues is found in the PTA's bylaws. Dues are not tax-deductible.
2. Join the Golden State PTA
Interested individuals and businesses that do not have an affiliation with a particular PTA unit or area also have the opportunity to support PTA by joining the Golden State PTA. Click here to join the Golden State PTA.
The Golden State PTA is a statewide organization that allows individuals with an interest in PTA in California to show support and to maintain contact with the California State PTA.
By joining the Golden State PTA, each member
- pays $10.00 dues per year
- supports the Scholarship and Grant program
- can receive a subscription to PTA in California newsletter for an additional $5.00
- receives member privileges to the state convention (upon payment of registration fee)
3. Organize a New PTA unit
Please send an email to email@example.com and provide your contact information and location so that we can assist you or call the California State PTA office at 213-620-1100 ext. 301.
4. Contribute to the Founder's Circle and support California State PTA without joining.
5. Meeting Minutes